The Kiting Areas from 1 to 200

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: The Kiting Areas from 1 to 200

Post by Llie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:50 am

FYI since FC made the change where if a mob looses line-of-sight for more than a second or so will cause it to loose aggro and run off in a random direction, the result is that Mort borgs suddenly become harder than they used to be because parts of Mort are so "bumpy" resulting. The top of the big crater where everyone else forms kite teams is still ok. as is the flat area immediately around the big crater (except that there are very few borgs out there), but the little crater that you mentioned where I used to love to kite when all the other borgs were hogged up can be a bit more challenging for a less experienced kiter.

One thing that did while leveling my NT was that I kited lots of dynacamps. Most dynabosses don't have any tricks or surprises, the bosses give great XP, the small mobs respawn relatively quickly, the areas around most dynacamps is relatively flat, and finally there's the occasional high-value dyna loot that you'll find. In the process of killing the dynaboss I usually ended up wiping out three to four respawns of the entire camp if you kite right where the mobs respawn. Picking a the difficulty of a dynacamp is easy because AORK maps indicate the level of each boss. Things to be careful of when kiting:

1) The Boss aura matters:
* if the boss has the pinkish aura that causes the boss to have 10x more HP than a regular boss -- if you've never kited a really high HP mob, make sure you have some idea of how to spread out your nuking to allow your HE to refill your NP and use nano stims. Kiting one of these bosses can take in excess of 30 to 45 minutes and you'll end up killing like 10 or more respawns of the the small mobs. It's a big time commitment, so make sure you're up to it before you start.
* If the boss has a damage or reflect shield aura: might want to skip these, as you'll end up killing yourself before you kill the boss.
* if the boss is stationary or has the "warp to boss" aura: Not kiteable - skip these.

2) This may be obvious, but... pull the boss away from the camp respawn area when the boss's HP nears the end otherwise you may find yourself kiting forever.

teeko
Flagged
Flagged

Re: The Kiting Areas from 1 to 200

Post by teeko » Sun May 19, 2019 10:22 am

Anyone able to give some coordinates for some of these places? I am having trouble finding the largest collection of belial snakes, wine ninjas, as well as any other suggestions between claw camp and PW borgs.