Do weapons hit more than fists

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:39 am

ShadowInTheNight wrote:If you have the resources to play them all there is no problem. If you need to decide on one then try to figure out what kind of role you enjoy most.
I still say play them all. Your characters should be self-sufficient and self-funding. You may want to take your first character to level 100 or so, and fund your other characters as you create them, but all of the professions are viable. A small case of "alt-itis" isn't bad.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:51 am

Definately play them all, it is amazing what you learn about a prof by playing other profs....then play a crat, which seems to have everything now (in expansions).
Adios, thanks for the fish

stardrow
Amateur
Amateur

lets not forget

Post by stardrow » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:55 pm

lets not forget that MA's get a very nice DOT called Blessed with Thunder and some other nice damage buffs that let us stick with it. Plus we get hit for less and hit more often allowing us to OD other untwinked professions. MA's are for those who want a powerful character with out twinking.

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: lets not forget

Post by Randomchance » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:57 am

stardrow wrote:MA's are for those who want a powerful character with out twinking.
That would be nice if it were true. Perhaps u better try some other classes stardrow. :)
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

ShadowInTheNight
Hardened
Hardened

Post by ShadowInTheNight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Randomchance wrote:
stardrow wrote:MA's are for those who want a powerful character with out twinking.
That would be nice if it were true. Perhaps u better try some other classes stardrow. :)
Well, it is partly true. Expansion MA can be quite powerful with minimal twinking around ToTW levels so you can get a nice taste of power quite easily. It doesn't stay that easy though and I don't think that you can really twink MA at those levels to the extent you can enforcers, fixers, adventurers, MPs and engineers... but it can give a nice first impression.

pocketfluff
Flagged
Flagged

Post by pocketfluff » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Randomchance wrote:
I agree with Stardrow. During raids I am quite often able to outdamage or come close to the damage output of highly twinked 200 froobs, per DamageDumper.

For instance, during one particular Mercenary raid, I was able to outdamage a well-twinked, well-equipped adventurer 3 out of 4 times. As for my own equipment and implants, both areas are not optimized for dealing damage; I use my MA as a tradeskiller. I'll sometimes come to a raid with QL127 Breaking & Entry implants in my right and left arms. :oops:

Of course, if said 200 adventurer and I pvp'd, I am 100% sure that the advy would beat me hands down. But as far as pvm is concerned and survivability isn't a factor (meaning: someone else is tanking), I have a fair chance of outdamaging any other twinked froob class.

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:29 pm

pocketfluff wrote:I am quite often able to outdamage or come close to the damage output of highly twinked 200 froobs
They only think they are highly twinked.

I've seen dozen of such claims: "I've got a highly twinked ToTW Enf!" "What level imps?" "QL125! and they were a b**** to get on!!!" "ROFLMAO".

On official forums "A friend and I were scheming the ultimate twink! We came up with Auno-XXXX." "Looks like the standard cookie cuter, except you left out 5 or 6 things".

Oh, and outdamaging a 200 doc doesn't mean much... or some other 200 toon built for a special purpose, e.g. stamina twink. Cite a name, decent 200s are known.
Adios, thanks for the fish

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Ferengi wrote:Oh, and outdamaging a 200 doc doesn't mean much... or some other 200 toon built for a special purpose, e.g. stamina twink. Cite a name, decent 200s are known.
Pocketfluff hangs out with all the other cool 200 Froobs, some who have some excellent setups. While she may wear Monster Sunglasses into combat, the only thing that stops her is the occasional (read: Every time) Link Death. :D
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

pocketfluff
Flagged
Flagged

Post by pocketfluff » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:31 pm

Ferengi wrote: Cite a name, decent 200s are known.
Imoutochan.

Psymonthegreat
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Do weapons hit more than fists

Post by Psymonthegreat » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:51 am

ok hahnsoo, you seem to think that MA's don't do nearly enough dmg ( or at least thats what im getting from what you have posted) to be concidered a good DD...Consider this:
a highly twinked 150 MA can hit for over 5k crit with over 60% crit raiting (roughly 1.5-2.3k normal hits) as well as other fun lil toys that you can add in for dmg (nano's, shoulders, etc etc)

a highly twinked 200 MA could easily break 6k crits with roughly 75-85% crit raiting and about 1.7-2.5k normal hits

a twinked 200 advy with 2x crispy chiropteras should do roughly 525-1828 normal hits and about 2413 crits, usually about 10-15% crit rating (+sneak, brawl, fast attack, backstab)

in one minutes time, and being that the cap speed for a MA in full D can get is 1.5/1.5, you could do about 17 crits and 3 normal hits giving a total of 107,100 (at min dmg) thats not adding in brawl, or any thing else, just Q /afk

for a advy on 200 with capped attack speed in full D (which is 1/1) and 2 chiropts, leaving about 5 crits and 25 normal hits, for a total for One weapon being 25,190 (at min dmg) now, add in the 2nd one so another 25,190 and you get 50,380, just to do q /afk....

i dont care what your dmg calculator says, this is pure experience, there is a reason MA's are the 2nd best DD's in the game, only to be bested by shades (and even then they can come close and some can od shades) While advy's have a lot more specials, the dmg that they do normal doesnt come close to MA's

And btw, for those of you who would care to know, if you get a beafy enough MA, at 220 with expansions, you can break 10,000 / crit which is WTF pwnage
220-soldier-captian-rk2,clan
150-MA twink-captiansma-rk2, clan
15-enfo twink-thebamf-rk2,clan
31 enfo twink-captcarnage- rk2,clan

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Do weapons hit more than fists

Post by Saavick » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:11 am

Psymonthegreat, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about, your damage simulations are totally exagerated. Not by 5 or 10%, but by 50%. Don't mix up lvl 200 sloob damage with lvl 200 froob damage. Added to that, your post is a year late.

I will close the topic now.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 200 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 198 nano-technician Ingundis 191 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 157 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Svanhvita 110 engineer Wildmeany 100 adventurer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Hlathguthr 25 soldier Yngvildr 15 soldier