Where to get MA Special Attacks?

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Where to get MA Special Attacks?

Post by Llie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:14 pm

I posted on official forums, now I'm asking the friendlier bunch. Where (else) can I look for MA special attacks. I understand that most of them are unnecessary, but they look cool and I want to use the highest QL ones I can get on.

I've tried rolling for them using ClickSaver, but they are rare. After 3 days of rolling I haven't found a thing. Kimi's site says that they never occur as the "to find" item so I can try rolling on an alt.

I've rolled missions on alts at the QL of the attack that I want, and have looked in chests and killed all MA mobs. I've found exactly one MA attack in a mission chest this way. I've found a couple of MA attacks on MA-type mobs, but their QL varies wildly, and haven't found anywhere near the QL of the mission I rolled (either 20 to 40 QLs lower or higher than the mission level). For instance, I killed a level 182 MA mob and it dropped a level 220 MA attack.

Does anyone have any information on:

1) What types of mission chests tend to have MA attacks (bags? barrels? broken machines? skeletons?) more often? If they are in barrels and chests, then I'm going to need to raise or buff my B&E skills...

2) Does anyone know where there are level 160+ MA mobs in the wild might or are known to drop MA attacks?

3) Does anyone know what incantations I can recite to make AO give me MA attacks as a mission reward?

Thanks,

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Where to get MA Special Attacks?

Post by Rain » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:11 am

Upon a Wave of Summer popped up reasonably often to be rolled.
Most common finds in missions are indeed chests and barrels together with MA mobs.
At least from my experience that is.

As for MAs outdoors, you could try the mobs in Wine, Hope or Omni-HQ, I noticed a few MAs there every once in a while. No bigger populations though.
Missions would be your better chance however.
The missionsetting I seem to run into MAs the most often would be l-r-r-r-r-l
Personal, biased experience once again.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 am

Upon a Wave of Summer could be rolled, but it’s also one of the few that are NOT nodrop so you can just spam shop channel or GMS or have an alt grab you one or whatever. The nodrops are the real issue.

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun May 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Oh right, I totally forgot about this thread.

To answer my own question. I checked Kimi's Rollability Database and the results for MA attacks looked miserable. Turns out it wasn't as bad as I thought. They turn up more often than NCUs. It took 2 days of rolling, but I got an entire set of QL 200 MA attacks. Now how the heck I'm going to actually use them all remains to be seen.