Froob playing Keeper?

Valu
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Valu » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:56 am

Haloer wrote:Well, maybe at later levels it's costly, but my now 38 keeper has been really cheap, I think I bought one nano, rest are rolled from missions, and with a little help from my friends, I managed to put on Frost Scythe at 32 at 100%.
We'll talk about how cheap is your keeper after you are lev100+ and you outgrowed the styg. (hint here)
Hayd
Nanofarmer

I know I'm not insane. The voices told me so.
Need a strategic game? Check this out

Techro
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Techro » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:00 am

Well if the person chooses to go through most common route, he will prolly switch back to frost scythe when heading to ely hecks. Then after 125 FBR wont cost a penny and type 880 alien swords are fairly cheap (few mils). The most important nanos are blitsable but some symbs like support eye and infantry chest are faily expensive at certain ql's. I would go with 2he+jobe AAD/AAO arms so no reason to use expensive right arm symbiant either. The big expense is of course the keeper tier armor which most people tend to get. Back armor from 100 to 175/190 is usually ancient container which costs something like 5-7 mils.

It's true that Illuminated and Excalibur are expensive not they certainly are not must-haves.

Almost forgot the Elude pain nano (195 req), that is costy :(. Keeper can live without the guardian of might nano, it gives only 13 more str/sta than keepers physique which is store buyable.

Lumikissa
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Lumikissa » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:47 am

Keepers are pretty nice.. When I played one I owned the subway, I owned Totw and I soloed Mortiigs at Ely. My now retired opifex keeper is level 89.

Like someone famous once said: They're that damn good!
RK2 OP TL4 Fixer 'Deschanel' in the making.

Valu
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Valu » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:12 am

I know keepers are good. They rule 1-120 and 207-220.

The problem is people are having high aspectations when they see a keeper. Many of them see the keeper "one man army": DD-er with healing auras, aslo insane specials. If you don't match those aspectations, you are labeled gimp. If you don't want this label you have to spend a lot of credits to stay in top.

For my baby sided keeper (now at level 90) I've already spend about 30-40 mills. And if you ask me, I just dont know what for, coz I don't have any fancy item.
Heh. 2 mills styg, 5 mills yalm, 3 mills sorm carb... and I dont know where I melted the rest...
Hayd
Nanofarmer

I know I'm not insane. The voices told me so.
Need a strategic game? Check this out

Lumikissa
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Lumikissa » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:32 am

Valu wrote:The problem is people are having high aspectations when they see a keeper. Many of them see the keeper "one man army": DD-er with healing auras, aslo insane specials. If you don't match those aspectations, you are labeled gimp. If you don't want this label you have to spend a lot of credits to stay in top.
It's maybe because when people see a keeper they know this one has to have expansions and thus access to perks. Why they want you on their side is the healing aura.

Many times when I've been in TOTW with my keeper, especially when trying to kill Lien I see other Lien camping teams going: "OMG they got a keeper, let's go away!"
RK2 OP TL4 Fixer 'Deschanel' in the making.

Warrel
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Warrel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:40 am

From what I've seen, Keepers rock in the way that Shamans rock in WoW. I know it isn't a fair comparison (they are more like a Pally/Shaman sundae, with a cherry on top), but Keepers get similar treatment as Shamans in-game. Everyone on our side of the conflict loves having a Keeper around, while the enemy avoids them.

Again, this is just my opinion. Your milage may vary.
Warrel (Clan Solitus Soldier), RK2 (President, "This Space For Rent")
Fellurin (Clan Solitus Keeper), RK2
Korekel (Clan Atrox Enforcer), RK2

Haloer
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Haloer » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:50 am

Valu wrote:We'll talk about how cheap is your keeper after you are lev100+ and you outgrowed the styg. (hint here)
Ok, we'll do that, might take some time though, I got into leveling my adv again, as I finally got some better pistols on... But my keeper is now 48, and apart from some health/nano kits, I havent spent a dime on him since level 35, it's time to update imps now though, so that will eat some credits... But I've noticed, that everything in AO costs insane amounts, if the stuff is any good... That's why I've turned to the dark side... no it was supposed to be clicksaver... :twisted:
-Haloer, adv RK-2

My stuff:
Froob Advy
Keeper main
New Adventuress

And my newest pride and joy:
Fixer baby "Abby killer"

Haloer
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Haloer » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:41 am

Now I can try outgrowing the Styg! :lol: Was in TOTW yesterday, had a great team, very good doc, an engi and 2 other valuable members with me, the MA was kicked for ninjaing DMs... We went killing Lien 5-6times, then Yatila, Nematet, got OD'd at GOT twice, still got a GCB for one of us, then Exarch robe for one too, and with two other teams killed Uklesh/Khalum/Aztur, and I got the Styg! Was darn near dying twice, already running in slow motion (1000+ hits from Azzy), thanks for the heals guys! That Barrow Strength really helps with Uklesh btw... Got to level 54 in the process. Now to get the styg on, a minor wrangle is needed, next time I'll be of more help to team thanks to faster weapon...
-Haloer, adv RK-2

My stuff:
Froob Advy
Keeper main
New Adventuress

Fixer baby "Abby killer"

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:31 am

Valu wrote:Enfs are not even in the DD top, they are never mentioned. 1-st place are shades, then MA/mele advies, then keepers/soldiers then agents/ranged advies ... then the rest. They are somewhere between traders and NT's... Enforcers MIGHT be "unstoppable killing machines" but they are not. And when it comes to PvP, at 220, a keeper shines. Enf will remain what is: a brute carrying a bone club. Nothing near a knight with a sword. Enf job is to stay in front of doc and takes the beating... Keeper's job is to spread death, solo or in team. Enf will need a team to survive, or at least a doc. Keeper can survive alone. I dare say a keeper is a cross between a doc and an enf.
well not that i have a keeper.. even if i upgrade i would'nt make one.. why? cause i like enf's better.. they been around longer and not all of there nanos are self cast.. with that said keepers are nice.. i've not no problem with them.. but imo at 220 PvP (from what i've watched) you best be on the look out for the eng cause widowmaker+dog+kyr grenade gun = a world of pain you can't possibly hope to escape.

but in the end i'd hate to see people's worth reduced to their char and a number.. when i ask someone to join a team i dont first strip search them to see what gear they got on or grill them about how much dmg they can do... i just ask they dont hog the loot & do their best

and yes i agree norm enf does'nt have to be top DD.. it's quite possible they wont be, but one thing enf handles is agg like no other with taunts even if they are'nt top DD they help keep the mob focused on them for the sake of the team.. and in my book thats just gold.

bakadeshi
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bakadeshi » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:57 am

Techro wrote:
Valu wrote:I don't refuse outside buffs, I just don't use other profession buffs to get my equipment on.
btw. as a keeper you will never use your highest buffs without cheating, even at 220 :(
how true. good luck trying to run any QL180 auras/buffs without moochies or a wrangle. By that time you'll be title capped on all nano skills, breed capped on all abilities, and still a hundred or so points off. and trust me, teams hate it when you're still running that tone of tranquility at level 175. hell, i hate it when keepers do that because it makes our prof look gimp. but then what do I know ;)

nerfman
Hardened
Hardened
Location: quebec in canada wich is in america wich is somewhere

Post by nerfman » Sat May 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Valu wrote:I wont go into details again. I made a pool about 2 months ago about twinking. I was only one considering twinking cheating, from about 30-40 voters. So I stay with my oppinion, you with yours.

As a side note yes, I do believe a lev. 24 equiped with styg IS a cheater, no matter what. Or a lev 23 engie with a warbot.

edit: no, i'm not using my highest buffs. at lev 116 i still use ql75 buffs, but honestly as long i can solo orange/red mobs in missions, i dont care much.

dude your completly missing one of the goals of ao .. at least one of mine ... twink = trying to improve your character as much as you can .. trust me you'll like the feeling when you got that uber wtf pwn item 100lvls lower then you would self it ... see my twink set-up for the sake of it ...
(\_/)
(x.X)
(> <) this is a dead bunny ... you can eat it ... http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/pixelated.php

nerfman
Hardened
Hardened
Location: quebec in canada wich is in america wich is somewhere

Post by nerfman » Sat May 06, 2006 7:20 pm

and you consider me a cheater for my twink then im a good darn cheater ^^

ps no its not done yet ;)
(\_/)
(x.X)
(> <) this is a dead bunny ... you can eat it ... http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/pixelated.php

Incomyng
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Incomyng » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:03 am

Keeper's are great!!

I had a 91 'trox keeper on my pay account, I may revive it on a month sub just to see if he's still there and hopefully be able to use him for more chances at some GA.

Those aura's were loved by team's .. NT's etc wanted the nano line while the other's wanted the heal's ... let them work out which they'd prefer, load it up and 'swing lo, sweet blade of death .. coming for your throat real soooonnn'

If I could remember what I called the other's I played i'd check them out on auno as well, my memory sucks though.

hmm, have to see if I kept my IP plan for him, bet I deleted the damn thing :x
Beware Incomyng Trains
Neutral Fixer
RK1

Haloer
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Haloer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Incomyng wrote:Keeper's are great!!

I had a 91 'trox keeper on my pay account, I may revive it on a month sub just to see if he's still there and hopefully be able to use him for more chances at some GA.

Those aura's were loved by team's .. NT's etc wanted the nano line while the other's wanted the heal's ... let them work out which they'd prefer, load it up and 'swing lo, sweet blade of death .. coming for your throat real soooonnn'
Yup, my keeper is pretty tough... But I recently started playing an adv again, and on these low levels I'm on, it's quite different, as an adv can actually die on mobs! Only time my keeper has died in mission was when 4 red mobs were outpounding my AoR. I still love the survivability of him, but the challenges on RK for now are not that hard, and SL hasn't yet appealed to me that much. Maybe soon though, but I like those darn tokens! A great prof to go out and kill stuff! Hmm, maybe I should play him today...
-Haloer, adv RK-2

My stuff:
Froob Advy
Keeper main
New Adventuress

Fixer baby "Abby killer"

bakadeshi
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bakadeshi » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:52 am

Elude pain and guardian of might are both dyna drops, so technically you could spend a few months camping dynas in PW or Belial...
~RK1
Rubennib - 220 keeper
Gelitche - 174 agent
Rubedoc - 220 doctor
Darooses - 220 'crat
Argartri - 150 shade
Thankyou - 150 advy
Rooses - 151 keeper
itchuber - 37 trader (mule) (froob)
kellamic - 49 nt (froob)