Froob playing Keeper?

Messeka
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Messeka » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:59 am

Valu wrote:
Techro wrote:Glargh if you are engi you have no problem pawning your level keepers in pvm. Just ask masteries/infuses/mochams from mp and your bot is allways red to you. I got my slayer guardian at 123 and I was on free account at the time.
Heh, how fair is this man? Engie with all possible buffs and red bot (not talking about AC buffs here or about engie custom made pistol) and keeper only selfbuffed.
If u make a honest competition, based ONLY on selfbuffs, keeper is the profession who wins. At least in my oppinion.
But if a keeper got outside buffs as well, they would still be pwnd by the bot. Plus the engie can cast anti-special attack sheilds ;P
Mod Squad
Re-Ex-Fr00b

Valu
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Valu » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:30 am

I see you have an 107 engie... i have an 102 keeper. What about me vs (your bot + you) without external buffs? if ur engie get no mochs / infs, the highest bot is lev 124. That would be red for me. You should be orange. I believe I can win.
Hayd
Nanofarmer

I know I'm not insane. The voices told me so.
Need a strategic game? Check this out

Messeka
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Messeka » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:43 am

Valu wrote:I see you have an 107 engie... i have an 102 keeper. What about me vs (your bot + you) without external buffs? if ur engie get no mochs / infs, the highest bot is lev 124. That would be red for me. You should be orange. I believe I can win.
I beleive I'm faster than you, and you are not faster than my bot - or it's replacements :P

I wouldn't do it anyway. That is my first toon, and I have made a few flukes. A nice 1400 hp is proof.
Mod Squad
Re-Ex-Fr00b

Venderim
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Venderim » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:24 am

Playing my keeper the other night has really made me realise what a gimp my soldier is.....well maybe not a gimp but he is at a major dis-advantage when solo due to lack of healing, apart from OMHH soldiers have no healing at all. My keeper with perks and team heal buffs can heal as much as I get damaged on most standard mobs. At lvl 55 I can almost solo Lien from ToTW (thanks to a super twink engi with a droid called Azturkiller who got me a stygian ^^), with just one extra person I can pretty much take all bosses in the temple apart from the big guy.....point is, I read somwhere Keepers are often looked upon as mini-enforcers, hard to imagine when I can OD 2enfs (and not gimpy one) who are both 5 levels above me........Keepers are awesome :D
RK1
Venderim - Solitus Soldier. Lv 220 Equip
Vanderim - Atrox Enforcer. Lv 98
Minivend - Atrox Soldier. Lv 12
Vendadvy - Atrox Adventurer. Lv 110
Kickervend - Opifex MA. Lv 80

RK2
Vendkeep - Atrox Keeper Lv 6

Haloer
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Haloer » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:05 am

Maybe I should give a go at Keeper... My adv is by no means DD, I can solo a lego at 52 (now 53) but not Lien nor Reanimator nor GOT. After all, I do have the game key to try out SL and stuff for a month free, and that is appealing to me. (I saw on sunday four people pwning an alien General! Got a nice runbuff while watching, +700, some guy ran up to me and buffed me, then vanished before I could say thank you...) I like the profs, that have heals... ;-)
-Haloer, adv RK-2

My stuff:
Froob Advy
Keeper main
New Adventuress

And my newest pride and joy:
Fixer baby "Abby killer"

Haloer
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Haloer » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:19 am

So, I just activated the 30-day trial leading possibly to paying account and made a keeper... Level 4 now, pretty slow, and after being ranged the fighting is a bit different, but let's see in a couple of levels... At least the scenery is beautiful. ;-)
-Haloer, adv RK-2

My stuff:
Froob Advy
Keeper main
New Adventuress

And my newest pride and joy:
Fixer baby "Abby killer"

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:53 am

Never had a keeper, never had a shade... One's an enfo wannabe and the other is just too damn expensive >.<
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Venderim
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Venderim » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:58 am

Stick with it Haloer, I had similar reservations when I started my keeper, going from a soldier with ranged attack to having to get up close and personal took a bit getting used to....however once you start getting a few perks you'll really notice the difference, if you put as many of your perk points into 'Aura of Revival' as you can then with your nano heal aura you should heal as quickly as you take damage off most normal mobs.....you should also consider the bio shield perk line, at first it isn't anything great but once you are able to use the bio cocoon special then you will notice a big difference :)

edit: I have heard a few people say Keepers are enf wanna-be's.....well in my opinion thats not true, I can OD most enfs of similar level and with the same weapon plus I am able to heal most of the damage I take without even pressing a button....strange thing jealousy :P
RK1
Venderim - Solitus Soldier. Lv 220 Equip
Vanderim - Atrox Enforcer. Lv 98
Minivend - Atrox Soldier. Lv 12
Vendadvy - Atrox Adventurer. Lv 110
Kickervend - Opifex MA. Lv 80

RK2
Vendkeep - Atrox Keeper Lv 6

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:22 am

Venderim wrote:..edit: I have heard a few people say Keepers are enf wanna-be's.....well in my opinion thats not true, I can OD most enfs of similar level and with the same weapon plus I am able to heal most of the damage I take without even pressing a button....strange thing jealousy :P
First of all, enforcers are NOT a DD prof. Enforcers are tanks - That's the function they serve in the team. It's an enfo's job to take the beating so the DDs can crack the mob's skull open... Now, ever tried matching damage with an enfo that goes on an all-out damage spree and not an effort to hold aggro? Keepers can't compete with challenger, rage, elements... Enforcers CAN be unstoppable killing machines if twinked right, but that'll just mean they can't mongo and the rest of the team will suffer. But the enforcer will live. *Gets off soapbox*

/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

ath0
Hardened
Hardened

Post by ath0 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:42 pm

Haloer wrote:(I saw on sunday four people pwning an alien General! Got a nice runbuff while watching, +700, some guy ran up to me and buffed me, then vanished before I could say thank you...)
That meant, "take this run buff and run off far away and leave our raid alone". :mrgreen:
Yvette Nihan Ceaucoche

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:18 pm

ath0 wrote:
Haloer wrote:(I saw on sunday four people pwning an alien General! Got a nice runbuff while watching, +700, some guy ran up to me and buffed me, then vanished before I could say thank you...)
That meant, "take this run buff and run off far away and leave our raid alone". :mrgreen:
Heh, actually it means "Shoo, lowbie, before some 8k Viral Cooldown reduces you to a bubling puddle of goo"

(There's a funny story here... Involving a lowbie wandering into our org city during a TL7 raid. He's never seen a raid before, so he just stood on the sidelines and watched as we pwnd the bugs. Eventually, some badass AoE caught him - *POP* Goes the lowbie.)

Valu
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Valu » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:05 am

Tarradax wrote:First of all, enforcers are NOT a DD prof. Enforcers are tanks - That's the function they serve in the team. It's an enfo's job to take the beating so the DDs can crack the mob's skull open... Now, ever tried matching damage with an enfo that goes on an all-out damage spree and not an effort to hold aggro? Keepers can't compete with challenger, rage, elements... Enforcers CAN be unstoppable killing machines if twinked right, but that'll just mean they can't mongo and the rest of the team will suffer. But the enforcer will live. *Gets off soapbox*
Not because I have a keeper and I started to love this profession, but I feel the urge to defend them :)
Enfs are not even in the DD top, they are never mentioned. 1-st place are shades, then MA/mele advies, then keepers/soldiers then agents/ranged advies ... then the rest. They are somewhere between traders and NT's... Enforcers MIGHT be "unstoppable killing machines" but they are not. And when it comes to PvP, at 220, a keeper shines. Enf will remain what is: a brute carrying a bone club. Nothing near a knight with a sword. Enf job is to stay in front of doc and takes the beating... Keeper's job is to spread death, solo or in team. Enf will need a team to survive, or at least a doc. Keeper can survive alone. I dare say a keeper is a cross between a doc and an enf.

Keeper = enf wannabe? Maybe enfs are avorted keepers.

After level 100, how many team red missions have you soloed with your enf?
Heh, tought so. :P

And btw, shades are created for neutrality, they cant even wear the token board. :P
Hayd
Nanofarmer

I know I'm not insane. The voices told me so.
Need a strategic game? Check this out

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:21 am

Valu wrote:Enfs are not even in the DD top, they are never mentioned. ...
That's exactly it. It's not an enfos job in a team to deal damage - The enfo's job is tanking, which means doing very little damage, sometime less damage than the docs who use a good gun.
Valu wrote:After level 100, how many team red missions have you soloed with your enf?
Jeez, lost count. Had my enfo solo level 150-ish bossmobs without much trouble. Without the need to tank, Mongo-Challenger-DD Perks-Mongo, rinse and repeat.

hellscream
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hellscream » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:15 am

SL enfos can solo pretty fine .. got some nice perks :)
HELLSCREAMX LVL 200 AGENT ON RK2

im now a heck noob .... some one help me out with SL plx

IHaveAHugeNick
Hardened
Hardened

Post by IHaveAHugeNick » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:12 am

Valu wrote:Heh, how fair is this man? Engie with all possible buffs and red bot (not talking about AC buffs here or about engie custom made pistol) and keeper only selfbuffed.
If u make a honest competition, based ONLY on selfbuffs, keeper is the profession who wins. At least in my oppinion.
If infuses or mochs would be pvp outside buffs, then that all keepers and any other players that used wrangle to put their weapon on , should be called unfair cheaters. So you need to decide, either use weapon that you can use selfbuffed, and then we'll talk about using selfcasted pet. :P
Alcoydel 220 omni Engineer@RK1 .
stuff

when everything else fails, read the instructions :)