New Professionals Program

Got something related to in-game that doesn't really fit elsewhere? This is the place.

New Professionals Program

Postby snarfblatt on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:48 am

Do you know someone who you think exemplifies their profession in Anarchy Online? Someone who knows their profession backwards, forwards, and in-between? Someone who can clearly and reliably talk about their chosen profession, introduce new players to the ins-and-outs of life on Rubi-Ka, and offer valuable feedback to the developers? Well, here's your chance to get them into the spotlight!

Here's how this works: Each profession in game will receive two Professionals slots - These individuals will be chosen by you, the players, to receive greater access to chat with and discuss any issues they feel relevant to their profession and the game at large. In addition, the Professionals will also receive unparalleled access to our Bug Hunters staff on Testlive to aid in testing new content, as well as receiving special sneak-previews to upcoming content and ideas. In return, we simply ask for an active presence on the forums and the ability to communicate with ourselves and the players.

For more detailed information and how to nominate (or apply), visit:
http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=2551&table=CONTENT
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Snarfblatt (Engie) - Ex-President - Knights of Ka
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)
snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Professionals Program

Postby WorldTrader on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:08 am

i wonder if i can nominate Snarfblatt.

If my main is a froob but i have a paid account (no one over lvl 150 however :( )...would I (my froob trader) still qualify? There's no clarity on that. Does your nominee toon have to be paid?
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor
WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Postby snarfblatt on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:47 am

WorldTrader wrote:i wonder if i can nominate Snarfblatt.

If my main is a froob but i have a paid account (no one over lvl 150 however :( )...would I (my froob trader) still qualify? There's no clarity on that. Does your nominee toon have to be paid?

You're right, there is no clarification, however I see nothing wrong with nominating anyone you think can fulfill the duties. I would trust froobs to know their profession more than most of the paying population. :)
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)
snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EDTA on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:07 pm

I don't think they would allow that. You have to know your profession, also the expansion part. As a froob you simply don't have enough experience with trader perks etc. Well, I can often enough help expansion people with things I never experienced and I do know quite some of the expansion stuff. But I really can't say I know it good enough.
The people that get elected are the ones that do know their stuff. And yes there definitely is people out there that are payed and actually do know their profession.
In fact the statement "froobs know their prof better then expnasioneers" doesn't really hold imo. The difference is between powerleveled and not-powerleveled. Yes, if you have expansions you can powerlevel till a higher level and maybe powerleveling is more often done when people have expansions.That's where this statement comes from.
(Though powerleveling is not a solid distinction either: I actually powerleveled quite a lot, but I read so much that I do know quite some stuff about most professions.)
I believe you can nominate people as long as you have an email-address :P.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever
EDTA
Moderaidtor

Postby Lassssi on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:00 am

One interesting aspect is that even though someone might have a 220 prof X, he might not have a clue about
the true performance of that profession around ~100.
So many things to think about for all level ranges: what is the pvm potential, pvp potential, easy vs. hard, how much
effort is needed in terms of money/time. How do all these things go if you have access to no expansions, just SL, SL+AI, or
all expansions.

For my fixer I can say for example: low lvls...yeah..it was alright, no big issues..but then again I had access to vast resources, so
I have no clue how the situation is for someone who has no money. For high lvls...well I don't have AI armor, so I don't
know the full potential.... <- You see the point.

Therefore sadly I see that most professionals will only give a narrow view to whatever profession they represent.
Would be more accurate to have more professionals for each prof, each representing a different point, froobs being good candidates for one view point,
however this is not going to happen.
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4
Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Postby flyingengi on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:08 am

Lassssi wrote:One interesting aspect is that even though someone might have a 220 prof X, he might not have a clue about
the true performance of that profession around ~100.
So many things to think about for all level ranges: what is the pvm potential, pvp potential, easy vs. hard, how much
effort is needed in terms of money/time. How do all these things go if you have access to no expansions, just SL, SL+AI, or
all expansions.

Somewhat true. But we are not talking about your average noob here. We are talking about people like me who troll the official forums that know their profession forwards and backwards.

Even tho my froob engi was tl6 before I made a paid account...I had no idea what tools the paid engi had and how they should be used.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49

Facebook
flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby EDTA on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:40 am

The idea is that the professionals listen to the players and communicate this to Funcom. It doesn't have to be pure personal experience. Reading and listening a bit everywhere helps to get a good overview. Listening to the victims of your profession is actually essential too.
I do think having both a high level froob and a high level expansion player of the same prof is quite a good indicator that you know the prof :D.
RK2
EDTA
Moderaidtor

Postby snarfblatt on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:11 am

For clarification, it is my understanding that there are 2 professionals per profession. So I could see both a paying player and a froob filling those rolls so you get both perspectives. Who knows, crazier things have happened.
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)
snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tarradax on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:24 am

snarfblatt wrote:For clarification, it is my understanding that there are 2 professionals per profession. So I could see both a paying player and a froob filling those rolls so you get both perspectives. Who knows, crazier things have happened.

Sure it would be awesome to actually have someone that plays on RK in a professional slot but then you would have a professional that doesn't know a good half or more of their profession. SL, AI, LE, LoX all change the way things are done - Without going into the whole "Expansions made RK obsolete" debate here, I'd be against a fr00b professional. You can't claim to know your profession from every which way without experiencing it on all levels of content.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link
Tarradax
Wordbearer

Postby EDTA on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 am

I'm agreeing with Tarradax here.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that nearly all new content is for people with expansions and this are things that need to be discussed with the professionals. Yes, froobs get a little sugar now and then, but barely worth mentioning (and I think that's how it's supposed to be).

With the balancing act they are touching a lot and they will change some stuff that also affects froobs. Advise to make sure things still work well for froobs might be needed. And we can give them this advice. The professionals communicate between FC and the players, so they should listen to froobs as well. If you know AO/'your profession' well, I'd like you to follow the balancing (and other changes) well and help out the professionals. Also making sure froobs don't get nerfed and stay balanced of course :). I know I'll communicate with the chosen professionals if I've got something to say :P.
RK2
EDTA
Moderaidtor

Postby snarfblatt on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:01 am

Tarradax wrote:
snarfblatt wrote:For clarification, it is my understanding that there are 2 professionals per profession. So I could see both a paying player and a froob filling those rolls so you get both perspectives. Who knows, crazier things have happened.

Sure it would be awesome to actually have someone that plays on RK in a professional slot but then you would have a professional that doesn't know a good half or more of their profession. SL, AI, LE, LoX all change the way things are done - Without going into the whole "Expansions made RK obsolete" debate here, I'd be against a fr00b professional. You can't claim to know your profession from every which way without experiencing it on all levels of content.

While your point is definitely valid, I didn't want to discourage anyone from nominating or applying simply because of that reason.
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)
snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crabface on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:08 pm

If I may be a little pessimistic, whoever "wins" will probably not be competent anyway, regardless of how many expansions he or she owns.
Crabface
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby flyingengi on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Currently, there where 2 professionals per profession...but who knows with this new program.

Facebook
flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby WorldTrader on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:27 pm

EDTA and Tarra are right I'm afraid. Froobs probably won't get a shot.

The most ideal profession leader however is a FROOB who turned PAID...and has experienced all expansions.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor
WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Postby flyingengi on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:37 pm

WorldTrader wrote:The most ideal profession leader however is a FROOB who turned PAID...and has experienced all expansions.

*waves*

Facebook
flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to General