Clicksaver Problem

Please put all suggestions or requests for help regarding the AOFroobs website here.

Clicksaver Problem

Postby jamester on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:01 am

I have done the following tests:

- Reinstalled all the FRAMEWORK versions available
- Reinstalled Visual Basic 6 with DLL
- Reinstalled Anarchy Online
- Reinstalled Clicksaver
- Reinstalled IE8 then Removed

But the problem still. What problem? Now i explain: Without advices, CLICKSAVER no longer popup when an item searched match on one item on the list. The problems seems started when i install IE8 and then removed.

There is a New now :

I have noticed that CLICKSAVER popup only if the item or mission type match in the first Square of mission terminal and completely ignore if item is in square 2 3 4 5 and 6. Clicksaver stop itself if an item match in all squares but popup only if items or mish appear in SQUARE 1.

Please help me :help: :(
jamester
Fresh
Fresh

Re: Clicksaver Problem

Postby twoshots on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:26 am

Which version of Clicksaver are you using? I believe the most up to date version is the one on Kimi's site (v2.4.3): http://arpa3.net/ao/clicksaver.html

I run two PC's (actually a PC and a Mac) with AO/Clicksaver: one has neither VB6 nor .NET Framework and the other has both. They run AO /w Clicksaver just fine. I don't have or use IE8 though.

Worst case, reinstall AO/Clicksaver...?

Edit:ma spellung is poorer :oops:
Last edited by twoshots on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rolled a little alt on RK4. Just dinged level 1!
[unPaid]Reetzor 150/9 soli soldier, Hypocentre 131/3 soli NT, Didistick 112/2 opi kipur, Hypotheses 100/5 nano MP,
[unPaid]Yakovbok 57/2 opi fixer, Didisticks 50/2 opi MA, Wristflick 50/2 soli advy, Riddor 32/2 soli crat.
[Froob]Selzip 167 trox fixer, Selgran 111 trox enfo, Selrobi 108 nano NT, Selforms 100 trox crat, Selmedi 95 soli doc,
and far far too many other time/credit sinks that never made it out of TL1/2.
twoshots
Hardened
Hardened

Postby jamester on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:30 am

Clicksaver 2.4.3. As said, i already reinstalled AO 30 mins ago and reinstalled several times clicksaver but nothing changed :(
jamester
Fresh
Fresh

Postby Saavick on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:46 am

jamester wrote:There is a New now :

I have noticed that CLICKSAVER popup only if the item or mission type match in the first Square of mission terminal and completely ignore if item is in square 2 3 4 5 and 6. Clicksaver stop itself if an item match in all squares but popup only if items or mish appear in SQUARE 1.

Maybe this is related to the type of mission that is in square 1 and different in 2-5. On the 'Type'-tab on your clicksaver, make sure to have selected all types (repair/return item/find person/find item/kill person) and have the search option match in buying agent selected too.
If you have unselected some of these mission types because you don't like them and you want to keep this setting, you could change the sliders in the mission window (in Anarchy Online, not in Clicksaver) to get more missions of that type.

Hope it helps :)
Saavick
Elite
Elite

Postby jamester on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:50 am

Unfortunately i have done several tests about it: I changed the sliders to full BAD and set only type mission KILL. Happen the same thing: It pop only in slot 1. If i active all types of mish and the item appear in others slot that aren't slot 1, clicksaver advice me but not pop. It's a very i dunno how say...strange damned bug :?
jamester
Fresh
Fresh

Postby WorldTrader on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:56 am

I don't know if its related in anyway...but in web development there's been a lot of bugs cropping up because of IE8. Clicksaver is working for me fine. I just used it yesterday (but I don't have IE8 installed...if that makes ANY difference)
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor
WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Postby Martek on Tue May 26, 2009 7:15 am

I use IE8; have the latest .NET; have no problems with Kimi's Clicksaver 2.4.3.

That said, I don't think any problems you are having, have anything at all to do with IE (any version) or .NET or "FRAMEWORK". I also don't think, but am not 100% sure, that VB has anything at all to do with ClickSaver. So IMO you reinstalling all those things don't do anything one way or another to help or hinder fixing the problem; but they probably do cause you major headaches and frustrations.

Also, you don't really need to "install" ClickSaver. It can just be unzipped or copied into any folder and it will run fine. It doesn't use the registry or anything that would require an "install".

In my thinking, unless you have some other program or virus or something that interferes with ClickSaver being able to pop up, or perhaps interfere with it reading the AO data stream, then it's your settings and your placement of the mission terminal window that need to be examined. That seems most likely to me and needs to be rulled out first, IMO.

It might help if you post your ClickSaver lastsettings.cs file. It's just a text file you can open and edit with Notepad (I do all the time). Then we can see your actual ClickSaver settings.

Also a screenshot might help (at least a partial one), showing us where on the screen you have located the AO in-game Mission Terminal window. That would allow verification you have it located properly (which is very important to ClickSaver running correctly).
Martek
Fresh
Fresh

Postby jamester on Tue May 26, 2009 7:20 am

The problem is that CS stop to work as first without any reason. I haven't changed nothing about cs config i am almost sure that settings are good. I have to get the courage to reinstall XP argh! :( i will try to check again .net routines and vb libraries
jamester
Fresh
Fresh

Postby Martek on Tue May 26, 2009 7:53 am

jamester wrote:The problem is that CS stop to work as first without any reason. I haven't changed nothing about cs config i am almost sure that settings are good. I have to get the courage to reinstall XP argh! :( i will try to check again .net routines and vb libraries

That's the thing isn't it? You are "almost sure that settings are good".

I suggested we verify that.

Hence I requested that you post your lastsettings.cs and a screenshot showing where you place the mission window.

Also as I said, neither .NET nor VB have anything to do with ClickSaver. Did you read my post thoroughly?

Martek
Martek
Fresh
Fresh

Postby Poessycrat on Tue May 26, 2009 8:27 am

I had probs with clicksaver to, but i use Mishbuddy now :)
Works fine, and its very vast with installing, not so slow like clicksaver! and its easyer to use
Poessycrat
Amateur
Amateur

Postby Thoronhen on Tue May 26, 2009 11:23 am

I have this problem too. But it only happens whenever I run CS from a shortcut. If I open explorer, go down to CS folder and run it from there it works just fine :S
RK2
Sylfreneb lvl62 crat
Ammoniacii lvl23 MP
Deus Ex Nanobots
Thoronhen
Fresh
Fresh

Postby jeffmartial on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 pm

i got a problem to with clicksaver....

When i install it, there is a window that say to show the anarchy online file, to create the database. So i show the way to the anarchy online file, i choose "continue" then i got a message that say : can't create database, then the program shutdown...
so i can't install clicksaver, impossible to use it... i ve allready try another clicksaver version and try the skip option to, but nothing new happen.
help me please
jeffmartial
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Saavick on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 am

Clicksaver 3.0 does not require creation of a local database anymore, that should fix your problem :)
Saavick
Elite
Elite

Postby jeffmartial on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:48 am

thank you !!
its working
i think the links where i downloaded the program were to old.
jeffmartial
Rookie
Rookie

Postby EDTA on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Saavick wrote:Clicksaver 3.0 does not require creation of a local database anymore, that should fix your problem :)

Does it have the option to roll multiple items in a row? That broke a while ago and eventually a new version came out on aouniverse's site, I believe 2.3.6, so that's the one I prefer now. It has the added advantage of not breaking the license or whatever the thing is that people say to be wrong with arpa3's version ;).
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever
EDTA
Moderaidtor

Next

Return to Site Help / Suggestions